Y’all, I’m on a roll with these new recipes aren’t I?? I celebrated Valentine’s Day by submitting my DICAS dietetic internship application, meaning my free-time went from 0 to 100 really fast. Outside of work, the last couple of months have been filled with personal statement-writing, resume editing, GRE cramming, and finally application submitting. Needless to say, it is a great feeling to have all of that behind me.
6 cups kale, stems removed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup shredded cheese of choice (naturally I chose pecorino romano as it was all I had on hand, but parmesan would be a great easy-to-find alternative!)
1) Preheat oven to 375*F
2) Wash kale and pat dry. If not already in small, bite-size pieces, roughly chop (or tear) so it is. I bought a bag of it already in smaller pieces.
3) In a large bowl, toss kale leaves with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
4) Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil before transferring leaves to it in a single layer. Aluminum foil = less clean up!
5) Evenly sprinkle the garlic powder and shredded cheese on top of the kale leaves, tossing to coat if desired.
6) Bake kale leaves for roughly 15 minutes, or until kale is crisp and turning brown, with some green color still visible.
7) Enjoy!..once removed from oven and cooled 😉
I stored mine in an airtight container in my pantry overnight before having more the next evening, and they had gotten a little…I don’t want to say “soggy”, but…soggy. You could try lightening up on the amount of olive oil used, or just pop them back in the oven at 300* for 2-3 minutes until they crisp back up again. Good as new!